1. Privacy Statement
1.2 Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
2. Collection of Personal Information
2.1 We only collect personal information for the purposes of conducting our business as an online retailer and trader. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
(a) register or subscribe to our Website;
(b) complete a transaction with us; and
(c) contact us.
2.2 The personal information that we collect on individuals may include, but is not limited to:
(a) your name;
(b) your contact details including your email, home/delivery address and billing address;
(c) your payment details; and
(d) other personal information that we collect in the course of a transaction or that you provide to us when you contact us.
2.3 We only collect sensitive information in circumstances where you consent to the collection of this information, or it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to the purpose outlined above.
2.4 We may collect personal information from individuals who are not customers of our business but whose personal information is given to us by those individuals via our Website or in the course of a transaction.
2.5 Where reasonably practicable, we attempt to collect information directly from individuals. When we collect information, we will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it, who we give it to and how we will use or disclose it or, alternatively, those matters will be obvious from the circumstances.
2.6 If we collect information about an individual from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is made aware of the matters above.
2.7 We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
2.9 By using the website and agreeing to this policy, you grant us permission to place and store cookies on your browser. Cookies may be used by us to collect the following information:
(a) your computer’s operating system;
(b) your computer’s browser type and capabilities;
(c) your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
(d) web pages visited, including how you were referred to each web page; and
(e) web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
2.10 In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect information, including, where applicable, for the Google Trusted Stores program.
2.11 Cookies can be managed by accessing the individual settings in your browser.
2.12 We will not identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law.
3. Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
3.1 We will generally use or disclose your personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise use and disclose your personal information if you have given us consent for the use or disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
3.2 Generally, we use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of providing you with the goods or services that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business as an online retailer of goods and services.
3.3 If those purposes for which we have collected the information involve providing personal information about an individual to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure any personal information is protected.
3.4 We will generally only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent or it is impracticable to seek consent before this use.
3.5 When registering with us, you consent to us using your personal information, such as your email address, for direct marketing purposes. This includes sending you deal emails. You may opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time. Our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
3.6 We may also provide your information to third parties that provide services to us, including third parties that provide our payment gateway, marketing, logistics and technology support services.
In addition, we may also disclose your information to third parties in order for them to provide services to you.
4. Security of Your Personal Information
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
5. Access to Your Personal Information and Complaints Procedure
5.1 Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about you.
5.2 Information we hold about you can be accessed by logging into your account on the website and checking the information in the My Account page. You should ensure the information, such as delivery address and email, is up to date and accurate. You can find more information about the information held in your account here.
5.3 Subject to the exceptions of APP 12.3, you may make a request to receive any additional information we may hold about you, and we will provide this information to you within a reasonable time. When requesting such access please identify the precise type/s of information requested.
5.4 We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete. Where an individual requests to correct information, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information, having regard to the purpose for which it is held. You may lodge a request to correct personal information in the manner outlined in clause 5.3 above.
5.5 To make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, which includes how we handle your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not satisfied by our response, you may acquire further information regarding privacy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
For FAQs relating to privacy topics, please see our FAQ section.
Privacy Collection Statement
The personal information that we collect from you will include information you provide us when you
- register or subscribe to our website;
- complete a transaction with us; and
- contact us.
We may further collect personal information from individuals who are not customers of our business but whose personal information is given to us by those individuals via our website, including our customer service, or in the course of a transaction.
All personal information will be collected by lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
We will use your personal information for the purpose of providing our services to you. We generally share your information with third parties, so that they may also provide services to you pursuant to transactions you make on our website.
We also generally share your personal information
- with our sister sites,
- as required or authorised by law,
This may include providing your information to third parties that are located outside of Australia, including the USA, UK, Hong Kong, the Philippines and the EU.
In cases where personal information has been disclosed to any third party, we will take appropriate steps to ensure your personal information is protected.
- access your personal information held by Glamour and Grace Bridal and change that information, and
- complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and how Glamour and Grace Bridal will deal with such a complaint.
Privacy Collection Statement last updated in February 2017.
Terms & Conditions
- User Agreement
- Registration and User Requirements
- If you are required to be a registered member to make orders and access some features of the Website. You will provide us with personal information including your name, address, and a valid email address. You must ensure this information is accurate and current.
- By using the Website and its associated functionality, you grant your express consent to us to send you direct marketing communications to the email address you provide, from which you may unsubscribe at any time. Your consent to receipt of certain communications may be implied from the use of certain functional aspects of our service, such as receiving reminders that items are in your shopping cart if you leave the page during a transaction.
- To register an account and use the Website you must be at least 18 years old, have a current Australian residential address and have capacity to enter into a legally binding agreement with us.
- Access and use of the Website
- You must only use the Website through the interfaces provided by us and in accordance with these terms and any applicable law.
- You must not (or attempt to):
- interfere (or attempt to interfere) or disrupt (or attempt to disrupt) our site or the servers or networks that host our site;
- use (or attempt to use) data mining, robots, screen scraping or similar data gathering and extraction tools on our site;
- interfere (or attempt to interfere) with security-related or other features of our site; or
- use, copy or distribute (or attempt to use, copy or distribute) content without our express permission.
- We may refer fraudulent or abusive or illegal activity to the relevant authorities. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account (including orders placed using your account), and you must keep your account password secure. We are not responsible for any unauthorised activity on your account if you fail to keep your account login information secure.
- You must not use another member’s account without our, and/or the other user’s, express permission. If you suspect or become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or that your password is no longer secure, you must notify us immediately and take immediate steps to re-secure your account (including by changing your password).
- We do not warrant that the Website will be available at all times and without disruption and we provide no warranties in relation to the content of any other website linked to or from our Website.
- Information on this Website
- Information about goods on the Website is based on material provided by third party merchants, suppliers and product manufacturers. Except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) we cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies or errors caused by incorrect information supplied to us or by these third parties.
- You agree to make your own enquiries to verify information provided and to assess the suitability of goods or services before you order the goods or services.
- Due to photographic and screen limitations associated with the representation of goods, some actual goods (including, in particular, clothing, apparel and shoes) may differ to a small extent in visual appearance (for example in colour) from the way they appear on the Website. In addition, where it is suitable to do so, some depictions of products or services are created or chosen by us for promotional purposes, and may not be an exact representation of the product or service received.
- Disclaimer and Liability
- To the fullest extent possible at law, we exclude all liability to you or anyone else for loss or damage of any kind or nature relating in any way to the Website including, but not limited to, loss or damage you might suffer as a result of:
- errors, mistakes or inaccuracies on the Website or our social media pages;
- you acting or not acting, on any information contained on or referred to on the Website and/or any linked Website or our social media pages;
- personal injury or property damage of any nature resulting from your access to or use of the Website;
- any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers and/or personal information and/or financial information stored on those servers;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Website;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses or other harmful code or communications which may be transmitted to or through our Website by any third party; and/or
- the quality of any product or service of any linked sites.
- We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Website or any linked Website or featured in any banner or other advertising. We will not be a party to or in any way responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third party merchants of goods and services.
- Where any law (including the Australian Consumer Law) provides a guarantee which may not be lawfully excluded, our liability will be limited to that provided by law.
- Except as required by law, in no event shall we, our affiliates and related entities or our suppliers be liable for any loss or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our Website or this Agreement (however arising, including negligence). You agree to accept sole responsibility for the legality of your actions under the laws that apply to you. You agree that we, our affiliates and related entities or our suppliers have no responsibility for the legality of your actions.
- Some services provided by merchants may be of an inherently risky or dangerous nature or require specific skills or qualifications to be possessed by participants. Prior to booking or partaking of any such services you should inform yourself of the risks and/or specific skills or qualifications involved.
- It shall be your responsibility to make all necessary enquiries and take any action you consider necessary if you require insurance or require the service merchant to be insured or to have insurance coverage that covers you in respect of the provision of their goods and services, prior to proceeding with any booking or services. Glamour and Grace Bridal accepts no liability in this regard.
- You will at all times indemnify, and keep indemnified, us and our directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred or suffered by you or by us arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against you or us where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of your conduct or breach of this Agreement.
- Placing Orders
- You are responsible for all orders placed on your account, including for any discrepancies or errors in your order caused by you.
- The promotion of goods or services on the Website does not constitute an offer to sell. It is an invitation to treat only.
- Orders placed by you are offers to purchase either:
- a voucher for particular goods and/or services under the terms and conditions in this Agreement, and any third party supplier/merchant terms and conditions at the price specified (including delivery and other charges); or
- goods under the terms and conditions in this Agreement at the price specified (including delivery and other charges).
- Goods in your cart are not reserved until you have completed the checkout process. Orders are only confirmed once payment is received in full.
- We use automated fraud detection software that may result in your order being delayed or cancelled. Where your order is flagged for fraud detection, we will make enquiries into any potential fraud. We reserve the right to subsequently reject and refund your order at our absolute discretion where fraud is suspected.
- We may reject your order, including in circumstances where we believe there may be a credit card fraud, or where we later become unable to ship your order, or if there has been an error in the price or product description on the Website.
- You must review your order carefully before placing it. Once an order is confirmed, you are unable to cancel or change it. If you have any problems with your order, then you must go through the normal returns process outlined in in this Agreement. Please note that change of mind returns are given at our absolute discretion. As a general rule, we will not change or replace your order where you have made an error.
- In the event that we cancel or are unable to fulfil your order, we will provide a full refund of any payment received.
- We reserve the right to notify you that goods for which you placed orders have become unavailable for reasons beyond our control. You may receive a full refund or store credit (at your election) in the event we cannot fulfil your order.
- Price, Payment and Use of Discount/Coupon Codes
- The prices of goods, delivery and other charges shown are in Australian dollars.
- All payments must be received in full prior to dispatch of goods or a voucher being issued. If your payment is not received or is declined by us, your bank or credit card issuer, we cannot and will not hold items against your order.
- A discount code is only valid for a single transaction, and may not be used in conjunction with any other discounts.
- Redemption of Goods and Services from Third Party Merchants
- Some goods and services sold on the Website are offered on behalf of third party merchants. If this is the case, it will be clearly stated in the listing. Subsequent to your purchase, you will receive a redemption code to be used upon redemption. Your purchase shall be redeemable only for the specified goods or services from the relevant merchant of the goods and services and shall only be available for redemption during the period specified on the voucher. The merchant, and not Glamour and Grace Bridal, is the seller and supplier of the goods/services to which the voucher relates and is solely responsible for honouring your purchase.
- To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), Glamour and Grace Bridal makes no warranty or representation regarding the standard of any goods or services to be supplied by the merchant.
- Neither Glamour and Grace Bridal nor the merchant is responsible for lost or stolen redemption codes or fraudulent use (by a person other than Glamour and Grace Bridal or the merchant) of the code’s unique reference number.
- Store Credits
- Any unused portion of your Store Credit shall be credited to your account.
- To the extent permitted by law, Glamour and Grace Bridal reserves the right to change any of the terms and conditions in relation to its Store Credit upon the provision of reasonable notice, including by notice on the Glamour and Grace Bridal Website.
- Store credit issued in lieu of a refund will expire after 12 months from the date of issue. Unless otherwise stated in any promotional materials or elsewhere by us, store credits issued for promotional purposes, or otherwise at our discretion (including for goodwill purposes) will expire after 3 months.
- Shipping and Delivery
- Subject to this Agreement, we will supply the goods shown on your order confirmation.
- We will use our best endeavours to meet stated timeframes for delivery, however, from time to time particularly during busy periods, our shipping service providers may suffer delays beyond our control. Please allow up to 30 days delivery (for standard and express shipping).
- Standard and express shipping are subject to different fees and charges. These will be made available to you at checkout.
- Express shipping is available only in certain areas and for certain orders and your order eligibility will be confirmed at checkout.
- A signature may be required for some delivery, and you are responsible for ensuring you are able to accept delivery.
(a) We will not be held liable for late delivery where attempted delivery has occurred on or before the delivery time-frames;
(b) A parcel has been signed for delivery has occurred.
- We reserve the right to change, modify or discontinue any delivery options at our absolute discretion.
- Packaging and Labelling
- We endeavour to depict goods available for order using accurate images of the goods. At times, however, goods actually delivered may to a small extent differ in appearance and packaging from their appearance in images and photographs on the Website.
- We recommend that you read the labels and instructions on foods or other consumables prior to consumption or use.
- Because some goods are imported or originate from outside of Australia, their packaging, ingredients and size may vary from the same or similar product available in Australia.
- Change of Mind Returns
- We cannot refund or exchange goods for change of mind or errors you made in your order. We may, at our sole discretion, allow a return for store credit or exchange product on a case-by-case basis, provided that the item in question is:
- returned within 28 days of order;
- not used or worn (with original tags and/or packaging); and
- not damaged in any way.
If we allow a return in these circumstances, we will ask you to follow our returns process.
- We may provide you with a product exchange or store credit only when we receive the returned product. You are responsible for payment of return postage on your order.
- A 15% re-stocking and returns handling fee will apply to returns accepted under this clause.
- Defective Goods
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement for or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Any warranty given by us will apply in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law or any other law. Where applicable, you may make a claim in relation to goods that are faulty in accordance with our Terms & Conditions. This warranty only applies where specifically advertised in the product’s listing.
- Goods that you purchase from us may contain warranty documents on or inside the packaging provided by the manufacturer of the product. Any such warranty documents are not given by Glamour and Grace Bridal, and rights you may have in relation to those warranties are separate to any warranty rights given to you by Glamour and Grace Bridal. Some warranty documents provided by manufacturers of imported goods may not apply in Australia. You should contact the manufacturer identified on the warranty document to determine whether or not the warranty applies to the goods in Australia and, if so, how you should go about making a claim under such a warranty.
- Process for Returns and Refunds
- When seeking a return on a product, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once contacted we will investigate your issues and advise you whether your product may be returned and, where required, provide you with a Return Authorisation and instructions on how to return your goods, with which you must comply.
- Once an item is returned we will either inspect your goods and investigate any claimed defect or, where we believe it is applicable, provide a remedy in relation to your goods. If we do no believe a remedy is applicable upon inspecting your goods (for example, where we believe the goods have been misused, or there was a failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, used it in an abnormal way or there has been a failure to take reasonable care), we will reject your claim and return your goods to you. You must cover the cost of return shipping in order to receive goods we have rejected on inspection, and we will provide you with instructions on how to make this payment.
- Refunds will be issued using the payment method used for purchase. Store credits will be issued to the account used to purchase the goods.
- We aim to process refunds and replacements within 28 days of receipt by us of the original product, however, depending on your item and the number of returns in our system, this may take longer.
- In the case of goods and/or services redeemable through a third party provider, the refusal of a refund or Store Credit does not prevent you from seeking a refund directly from the provider.
- Social Media and Content
- You understand that all information, such as comments, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds and other materials (“content”) posted on, transmitted through or linked from the Website, our Facebook page, Twitter feed, or forum or other like application or site that allows for the publication of user generated material (“Social Media”), is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated.
- You understand that we do not control and are not responsible for content made available through the Website or Social Media unless it originates from us. Consequently, by using the Website or our Social Media pages you may be exposed to content provided by third parties that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading or otherwise objectionable. You use the Website at your own risk and to the extent permissible at law we do not accept liability in this regard.
- As a member or participant on our Social Media pages, you agree that you are responsible for any content submitted, posted or made available through the Website via your account and you must not post (or allow) content to be posted through your account that:
- you do not have the right to post;
- is defamatory or in contempt of any legal or other proceedings;
- is misleading or deceptive;
- is offensive or discriminates against any group of persons being a group defined by reference to colour, race, sex, origin, nationality or ethnic or national origins;
- denounces religious or political beliefs;
- contains religious or political material;
- is indecent, obscene, vulgar, pornographic or offensive;
- infringes any copyright, trade mark, patent or other intellectual property right of another person;
- contains any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material;
- contains or links to viruses, malware, spyware or similar software; or
- impersonates any person or misrepresents your relationship with any person.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to pre-screen, refuse or remove any content from the Website or our Social Media pages without giving any reasons.
- You understand and agree that we may retain server and backup copies of your submitted content even if you have altered, removed or deleted your content from public display.
- Intellectual Property
- All content, graphics, user and visual interfaces, photographs, trade marks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, and computer code, including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression and arrangement of such material contained or used in the Website is either owned, controlled, or licensed to Glamour and Grace Bridal, or is otherwise subject to the intellectual property rights of third parties and is protected by copyright, patent and trade mark laws and various other intellectual property rights. We reserve all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyright in material and/or services provided or authored by us. Nothing in the Agreement gives you a right to use any of our marketing material, business names, trademarks, logos, domain names or other distinctive brand features.
- Other trademarks used on the Website that belong to third parties are used with permission and remain the intellectual property of the third party.
- You may not:
- modify or copy the layout or appearance of the Website nor any computer software or code contained in the Website; and/or
- decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover or access any source code related to the Website.
- If you correspond or otherwise communicate with us, you automatically grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, copy, display and distribute the content of your correspondence or communication and to prepare derivative works of the content or incorporate the content into other works in order to publish and promote such content. This may include, but is not limited to, publishing testimonials on our Website and developing your ideas and suggestions for improved goods or services we provide.
- Transfer and Assignment
- You agree and acknowledge that, in the event that we merge, sell or otherwise change control of our company, our business or the Website to a third-party:
- we shall be permitted without giving notice or seeking prior consent from you, to disclose the personal information and other data that we have collected from you to the third party; and
- we shall be entitled to assign the benefit of any agreements we have with you to the third party.
- We will not be liable for any delay in performing any of our obligations under this Agreement if such delay is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Australia. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- If any part of this Agreement is found to be void, unlawful or unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severable from the balance of this Agreement and the severed part will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- If we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision under this Agreement, it will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision under this Agreement will only be effective if it is in writing and signed by us.
- Privacy and Personal information
Last updated: February 2017